StoriesRSS FeedLike us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

Talking Story with the Cast of ‘Hang Loose’

Listen in on my chat with “Hang Loose” stars Dante Basco, Dion Basco and Justin Chon

Posted March 19, 2013 by Myong Choi

Locally produced by Kinetic Films, “Hang Loose” is a comedy about a bachelor party in Hawaii that goes terribly wrong. I had the opportunity to sit down with three members of the film’s cast – Dante Basco, Dion Basco and Justin Chon to talk about their latest projects, favorite local foods and behind-the-scenes romances.

You can catch “Hang Loose” as well as two other locally produced films “Paradise Broken” and “6B” currently playing at the Pearlridge West 16 Consolidated Theatres. Originally slated for a one-week run, all three films have been extended another week due to high demand.

Sorry for the terrible framing of the video by the way.

Comments

You can read all of Myong's blogs at www.nonstophonolulu.com/FastForward. Follow Myong on Twitter @honhiguy or email him at myong@nonstophonolulu.com.

1. DianeSeo
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 7:06 am

Great conversation, Myong. They seem like fun guys to hang out with. And glad the films got an extended run.

2. MyongChoi
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 8:14 am

@DianeSeo Yeah, I’m really excited about the extended run as well. It shows that there is an audience out there for local films. And the guys were super fun to just kick it with. Very easy to talk to.

3. Melissa808
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 9:12 am

You a media ho, Myong!! Come here and lemme slap you before I pimp you out!

4. MyongChoi
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 11:05 am

@Melissa808 You always going Chris Brown on me!

5. Annoddah_Dave
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 11:30 am

MC:  Good Fun.  Now my interest is piqued on seeing the flixs.  So the other MC is yo pimp!?  I hope her cut is not too big cuz it’s hard to cut a quarter in half!!

6. MyongChoi
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 1:30 pm

@Annoddah_Dave you should totally go see them. They’re quality films. And Melanie Chang doesn’t get a penny from me until she gets me to 1000 Twitter followers.

7. Melissa808
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 1:32 pm

@MyongChoi  @Annoddah_Dave yew bastid

8. Melissa808
    Posted March 19, 2013 at 10:53 pm

@MyongChoi gotta keep my pimp hand strong!

About Myong Choi

Born in Korea but a Hawaii resident since the age of 1, Myong Choi is a diligent engineer by day and an enthusiastic fun seeker by night. His appreciation for film started with watching bloody and violent Shaw Brothers kung fu films at Empress Theatre at age 5. When not catching up on the latest or greatest films he’s following K-pop trends, outside hiking or playing basketball, or inside enjoying an ice cold beer with friends.

Copyright © 2014 Nonstop Online, LLC. All Rights Reserved.