The Academy Award nominations were announced yesterday, and as usual, there were several surprises and snubs, even more so than normal. “Lincoln” led the way with 12 nominations and not surprisingly, as it’s the type of feel good important film with a strong pedigree the Academy loves to reward. “Life of Pi” also garnered 11 nominations, while “Silver Linings Playbook” picked up eight nods. Early front runners, “Argo,” “Zero Dark Thirty” and “Les Miserables,” however seem to have lost some steam with some snubs in significant categories.
Here’s a look at the surprises and snubs in the major categories.
Want to see more movie reviews and other fun, funky stuff? Let’s connect on Twitter (@honhiguy) or Facebook!
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘Aloha. Malama Pono’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘Star Trek into Darkness’
- Consolidated Theatres introduces Dolby Atmos
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘He Welo `Oihana’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘The Great Gatsby’