I enjoy izakaya dining. Whether it’s a birthday celebration or drinks with the boys, an izakaya is always the perfect spot. Sharing a variety of dishes, sipping sake, swapping stories, all in a relaxed atmosphere — who could ask for a better time?
So when I heard that a new izakaya had opened with supposedly the best sushi in town, created by a chef who’s worked at some of Honolulu’s best sushi bars, I had to try it. You see, not only do I love izakaya, I’m also a sushi fanatic. Wherever a slab of raw fish has been draped over a mound of sushi rice, I’ve probably been there.
I couldn’t wait to get to Kona Kai. Here’s what I found.
Sushi Izakaya Kona Kai
2535 Coyne St.
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘Aloha. Malama Pono’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘Star Trek into Darkness’
- Consolidated Theatres introduces Dolby Atmos
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘He Welo `Oihana’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘The Great Gatsby’