The fifth episode this season confirmed what fans suspected all along — that Kono didn’t suddenly turn into one of the bad guys. Turns out she was being used by Fryer (Tom Sizemore) of Internal Affairs to go undercover and bring down his former partner Frank Delano (William Baldwin) for money laundering and murder. For Grace Park fans, it was great to see her return onscreen and working for the good guys again.
Overall, the episode overall was solid — the best this season and one of my favorites of the series so far. It had a good mixture of all the things fans love about the show — solid action, humor, police drama and local shoutouts. A great way to end the first major story arc of the second season.
Here’s my rundown of The Good, The Bad and The Weird:
- UH athletics and the Stan Sheriff Center getting some national exposure. Go Bows!
- Wow, Dave Shoji got a lot younger and hotter.
- “You looked. I said don’t look.” — Kamekona telling Chin that a hot girl is checking him out.
- Taylor Wily appearing in the front credits. Was he always there and I just didn’t notice?
- “I hope you didn’t find her online. Lots of crazy ladies online.” — Kamekona talking about Chin’s hot date.
- Lots of screen time for my Korean bruddah and sista DDK and Grace Park today, giving them some rare meaty dialogue and story lines.
- The “cargument” (phrase coined by Alex O’Loughlin at HIFF) between McGarrett and Danno.
- Chin’s reaction when Officer Weston was freaking out about McGarrett in front of him. It was such a local guy’s reaction, just staring at her and thinking, “What’s wrong wit dis chic?”
- Did anyone else get a “Heat” flashback when they saw Tom Sizemore with a gun in the middle of a downtown bank robbery? Loved that!
- Those volleyball nets seemed awfully low. I think even Danno could spike with those.
- DDK still can’t say “howzit” correctly.
- Hmm… UH athletic coach possibly involved in a scandal with a volleyball player…. Why does that sound so familiar?
- Does Aiea really have motels?
- Whoa, that’s a lot of foliage in that Kahala house. By the way, Nonstop’s Melissa Chang actually blogged about that property and says that the house is really in Kailua, not Kahala. Yours for just $36 million. Auwe!
- Dwight’s a funny name for a hit man.
- I was hoping that after Tom Sizemore shot Billy Baldwin, he’d say, “And that was for ‘Fair Game!’”
Sorry, no Favorite Tweets tonight because I wasn’t able to watch the episode live and read all of your entertaining tweets.
So how many of you watched just to get a glimpse of yourself in the background at the UH volleyball game scene?
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘Aloha. Malama Pono’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘Star Trek into Darkness’
- Consolidated Theatres introduces Dolby Atmos
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Recap: ‘He Welo `Oihana’
- Nonstop Movies: ‘The Great Gatsby’