Eat the StreetRSS FeedLike us on FacebookFollow us on Twitter

Eat the Street: The lineup

Here’s a look at what’s on the menu for the two dozen confirmed trucks at Friday’s food truck rally in Kaka’ako

Posted February 20, 2011 by Diane Seo

Eat the Street Kakaako (1 of 25)

Eat the Street Kakaako

Are you ready, people? If you thought last month's Eat the Street was epic, this Friday's food truck rally is going off the charts.

Check out the stats: 26 food trucks and street food booths — nearly double the size of last month. More eats, more desserts, more drinks, more all-new dishes. Plus DJs spinning, Nonstop livestreaming, better parking, more seating, all on a huge four-acre lot. Like we said, this one is going off the charts. Totally.

Here's the 411:

What: Eat the Street Kakaako, Hawaii's food truck and street food rally
When: Friday, Feb. 25, 5 to 9 p.m.
Where: 555 South St., (at Halekauwila, kitty-corner from Restaurant Row)
Admission: Free
Parking: On-site and street parking
Sponsors: StreetGrindz.com, Kamehameha Schools, Kamehameha Schools Malama Card, Nonstop Honolulu

Getting hungry? Click on to see who's coming.

Comments

1. Posted February 20, 2011 at 9:53 pm

Can’t wait! The @KITV4 segment looked great this morning. Tune in for live segments from participating vendors throughout the week!

2. Taina26
    Posted February 20, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I sooo wish I could go to this event. Unfortunatley I live in Jonesboro, AR (born and raised in Honolulu though). I’m gonna tell all my family to go for me!

3. RickNakama
    Posted February 20, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Ahh that bite into the duck confit melt from @MeltHNL was worth being photographed for everyone to see me being a pig. ;)

4. lihinggirl
    Posted February 20, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for the preview! Looking forward to seeing more & Friday! #EatTheStreet *drool*

5. hnlmark
    Posted February 20, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Great preview for the next Eat the Street! Looking forward to seeing to food trucks I haven’t tried yet.

6. hikino
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 5:25 am

I need to double check, but that Elena’s sounds like the lunch truck that hangs out by H-Power. If it is, oh man, we are in for a treat! They made great combos (complete with rice, toss and mac salad), turkey and a Thursday only special of baked saba. Oh, the memories…..

7. Posted February 21, 2011 at 6:44 am

@Taina26 Look for coverage and a live video stream on friday, Taina! :) Mahalo for spreading the word!

8. Posted February 21, 2011 at 6:46 am

Any of you folks catch this morning’s KITV4 segment featuring Fairy Cakes Hawaii? Tune in tomorrow between 5-7 for a preview of the Cafe Truck and his chocolate panini and frozen hot chocolate!

Also, if you haven’t already joined, there’s a twitvite going around for everyone coming to #EatTheStreet: http://hnl.me/tweatup

9. konaish
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 10:32 am

@RickNakama You’re a good spokesmodel for melthnl And yes, it was delicious!

10. konaish
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 10:35 am

Your preview made me hungry…so many choices! I still have a few more days to figure out my dining strategy. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

11. ElenasFilipino
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Thank you NonStop Honolulu for this Wonderful Review especially Diane Seo. I need to to hire someone to stand in line and buy me food from all these amazing lunch trucks since I’ll be working our Truck that night. Can’t wait!

12. DianeSeo
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 11:42 pm

@ElenasFilipino Thank you for checking it out. This gallery was a team effort and fun to do. I especially like Mari’s witty titles for each caption.

13. hawaiihotdogs
    Posted February 21, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Planning for a huge event. Kudos to Poni for all your work. Thanks Diane and your team for the great coverage. Be sure to save some appetite to experience our World Famous Hawaii Hot Dogs.I

About Diane Seo

Diane Seo, the editor and co-founder of Nonstop Honolulu, is the Digital Media director for Upspring Media. Prior, she served as managing producer of Metromix Honolulu; manager of The Honolulu Advertiser's TGIF section; Managing Director of New Media for the ATP, which runs men's professional tennis worldwide; a senior editor at Salon.com and a staff writer for the Los Angeles Times.

Copyright © 2014 Nonstop Online, LLC. All Rights Reserved.