A big crowd came out for Friday’s Eat the Street, a luau-themed gathering with all kinds of Hawaiian food in the mix, as well as a few new vendors.
Eat the Street Luau (1 of 15)
Because lots of people are already familiar with the regular vendors at Eat the Street, I decided to focus on newcomers. My first stop: The Girls Who Bake Next Door, headed up by Sara-Dane Tacuyan and Jennifer Hino (pictured here), two former accountants, who worked together, became friends and always longingly said one day they should open up their own dessert business. So they did.
- Part II: Where real Koreans eat Korean food
- Night Market: Fun, fashion & shopping
- Our Kaka‘ako section launches on Nonstop
- Truly must-see TV: ‘Family Ingredients’
- Night Market guide, part 2: Fashion & shopping