With a theme of The Great Carnival Round-Up, the Punahou Carnival got underway Friday with all the usual food and fun. After graduating from there just a few (too many) years back, I took a two-decade hiatus from the festivities while living on the Mainland, but now as a parent of a young Pun, I’m back on the carnival scene, which to be honest, hasn’t changed much from my teenage years.
Here’s how it went down for me… If you missed Friday, the carnival continues Saturday until 11 p.m.
- Part II: Where real Koreans eat Korean food
- Night Market: Fun, fashion & shopping
- Our Kaka‘ako section launches on Nonstop
- Truly must-see TV: ‘Family Ingredients’
- Night Market guide, part 2: Fashion & shopping