Chef Chai (14 of 51)
Bathed in glowy lights like so many dancing jellyfish, Chef Chai grand-opened March 9 at its new spot in Kapiolani's Pacifica building. The space is smaller than Chai's old one at Aloha Tower Marketplace, with indoor and outdoor seating, a bar and a lighter, more health-conscious menu that spans the globe. Entrees like Healthy Stir-Fry and Lower Your Blood Pressure top the menu, along with other vegetarian items (not counting salads) and lots of seafood options. For meat lovers there's osso bucco, filet mignon and lamb chops. And Chai's famed oxtail soup. — Mari Taketa
1009 Kapiolani Blvd.
- The feast I’ve been waiting for: beef 7 ways
- Night Market guide, part 1: Food & entertainment
- What? Tsukenjo’s closing Friday
- Did this: Eat the Street Bacon
- Spam-believable! Spam Jam dessert preview