Last night’s Friendship Gala — an annual dinner to celebrate the Honolulu Festival — featured small dishes and desserts from 10 Hawaii restaurants, including 3660 on the Rise, Nobu Waikiki, Chef Mavro, Le Bistro, Wolfgang Steakhouse, Nanzan Giro Giro, Mariposa, Price Court Restaurant, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and the Honolulu Coffee Co.
Most of the attendees were visitors from Japan, who came to the Hawaii Convention Center to sample the cuisine of some of the islands’ top chefs and to enjoy a lineup of mostly Japanese entertainers.
Here are scenes from the gathering:
- Truly must-see TV: ‘Family Ingredients’
- Night Market guide, part 2: Fashion & shopping
- Who’s coming: Eat the Street Bacon
- Did this: Taste of Marukai
- The Collection comes to Kaka’ako