Did you know that Hawaii has a connection to this season’s “Survivor?” That’s right, Hawaii boy Jonas Otsuji (@SushiSurfer) — yes, of Otsuji Farms — was one of the island residents, working each week to keep his spot.
Jonas has since been voted off the island, as he was perceived as a threat. A threat of a man who can not only catch his own food, but cook it into something delicious. (Dude, you can cook on my island, anytime.) But you can still support this Hawaii-born chef by going to the “Survivor Player of the Week” page and vote for Jonas so he can be the fan favorite. You have until midnight Pacific time on Saturday, May 12.
Just text the number 7 to 55455 and he gets a vote. You can vote up to 10 times. Then vote an additional 10 times online, by clicking here. On top of that, everyone that votes is entered to win $10,000.
Hawaii peeps always support Hawaii peeps. Here’s another chance to show the world how big our little islands are!
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Haute Confectionary Boutique
- Tasting the ‘aina: a tour of Kona lobster and abalone farms
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Hawaii Duck Tours
- Tasting the ‘aina: Kona coffee and chocolate
- Party pics: Hula Grill Waikiki’s ninth anniversary