As I do every year at this time, I vacationed in Las Vegas — it’s a good way to escape the holidays as a singleton, and spend time with my second family, the Yoneyamas. Just two weeks prior, our twitter friend Matthew Erickson (@LhccMatt) and Rob Ola Kawaa (@RobOlaKawaa) had moved from Maui to Vegas, so we spent time with them, as well.
It was a reunion of sorts, as Julie Yoneyama (@JulieYakacoco), Matt, and Tioni Taylor (@TioniTaylor) — who works at the Golden Nugget — all worked together at Old Lahaina Luau at one time. It was good timing, too, as it was Matt’s birthday. What could we do with Matt that would be oh-so-Vegas? Celebrate at a big drag queen bar, of course.
Here’s the video of the “Cell Block Tango” as performed by the ladies of Drink & Drag:
- Behind the scenes of the Today Show in Hawaii
- Women and wine: St. Francis winery
- Na Hoku Hanohano all stars
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Eisa Festival
- New(ish) eats: Underdogs Sports Bar & Grill