No trip to San Francisco is complete without a visit to one of their Off The Grid food truck rallies. When I first blogged about it in 2010, it seemed so big, with more than a dozen trucks, carts, and tents in a parking lot at Fort Mason — not to mention, it was the inspiration for Honolulu’s own Eat The Street. Well, here we are two years later, and the event is more than double in size and attendance. It’s still the place to be on a Friday night in San Francisco, despite the trucks having daily mini rallies now.
We hoped to have a little tweet up at Off The Grid to get together with the Hawaii runners in town for the rally, as well as the Hawaii expats we know.
- Tasting the ‘aina: a tour of Kona lobster and abalone farms
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Hawaii Duck Tours
- Tasting the ‘aina: Kona coffee and chocolate
- Party pics: Hula Grill Waikiki’s ninth anniversary
- Tasting the ‘aina: Dinner at Holuakoa Cafe