Celebrity paddle boarders, stand-up paddlers, surf legends, sponsors and other VIPs attended the kickoff party for the Quiksilver Waterman Collection Waikiki Paddle Festival happening this weekend. Quiksilver’s Waikiki Beach Walk store pulled out all the stops with local food stations, indoor and outdoor bars, Kona Red cocktails, FrostCity shave ice, and live entertainment.
The Quiksilver Waterman Collection Waikiki Paddle Festival goes on this weekend on Duke Kahanamoku Beach at Ft. DeRussy from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information and a complete schedule, visit Quiksilverlive.com.
Heading the elite field of entries are: Jamie Mitchell (Australia); Travis Grant (Australia); Danny Ching (CA); Connor Baxter (Maui); Slater Trout (Maui); Noa Ginella (Oahu); Matthew Becker (CA); and Aaron Napoleon (Oahu); Candice Appleby (Hawaii); Jenny Kalmbach (Hawaii); Talia Gangini (Maui); Gillian Gibree (CA); and Mariko Strickland (Hawaii).
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Haute Confectionary Boutique
- Tasting the ‘aina: a tour of Kona lobster and abalone farms
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Hawaii Duck Tours
- Tasting the ‘aina: Kona coffee and chocolate
- Party pics: Hula Grill Waikiki’s ninth anniversary