HUGS (Help, Understanding, & Group Support), a nonprofit that serves seriously ill children and their families, celebrated 30 years of service last night with its annual fundraising gala at the Kahala Hotel & Resort. The evening featured a silent and live auction, gourmet food stations, fine wines, and a performance by ukulele virtuoso Jake Shimabukuro. About 500 people attended the sold-out event.
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Haute Confectionary Boutique
- Tasting the ‘aina: a tour of Kona lobster and abalone farms
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Hawaii Duck Tours
- Tasting the ‘aina: Kona coffee and chocolate
- Party pics: Hula Grill Waikiki’s ninth anniversary