A full moon — or an “elephant moon,” as the Honolulu Zoo called it — hovered over a tent filled with stars and more than 500 people at the zoo’s annual gala last night as they celebrated Mari and Vaigai’s new enclosure. Belly dancers, a silent and live auction, cocktails, and 15 renowned Oahu restaurants comprised this India-inspired event designed by Jonathan Staub of Philpotts & Associates.
- Women and wine: St. Francis winery
- Na Hoku Hanohano all stars
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Eisa Festival
- New(ish) eats: Underdogs Sports Bar & Grill
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Wahoo’s Hawaii