Shari Tamashiro, a staple at the Okinawan Festival, took me around to see them set up yesterday. I didn’t realize that their Heiwa Dori, or market, is full of items flown in from Okinawa just for the event. Here are some things that you’ll see at the festival this weekend. Save some shiikuwa for me!
Also, if you are lucky, you will get a glimpse of the elusive dancing andagi.
One last thing, the Naha Daiko group from Okinawa will be performing on Sunday at 3 p.m. They have a special concert coming up on September 8 at Mamiya Theatre. Click here for more details on times and how to get tickets, which are $20 for general seating and $40 for reserved.
- Behind the scenes of the Today Show in Hawaii
- Women and wine: St. Francis winery
- Na Hoku Hanohano all stars
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Eisa Festival
- New(ish) eats: Underdogs Sports Bar & Grill