While most of you were paying attention to the annual Sony Open in Hawaii (@SonyOpenHawaii) for the golf this past weekend, I — the non-golfer — checked out one of its fabulous food events … of course. The Pro-Am awards gala was held in the Hawaii Convention Center on Friday night, a much-awaited event that always features a renowned chef’s creations and an up-close-and-personal mini concert by a famous band or musician.
It was pretty crowded, so it wasn’t easy to get photos, but here’s a quick look at what I did:
Here’s Chicago performing their still-popular “If you leave me now” ballad:
Mahalo to Wedge Lee for the invitation!
- Party pics: Battle for the Ali’i Cup
- Chad Owens’ Power-Up Menu
- Behind the scenes of the Today Show in Hawaii
- Women and wine: St. Francis winery
- Na Hoku Hanohano all stars