There’s no doubt, Hawaii celebrates September — National Rice Month — with flair. The third annual Rice Festival took over Ward Warehouse yesterday with food booths, food trucks, live entertainment, cooking demos, a spam musubi eating contest, and the making of the world’s largest spam musubi. Mari Taketa and I got to judge the “Rice-ipe” contest again, with renowned local chefs cooking up creative rice-themed dishes.
Here’s a quick look at the nine hours of carb-filled fun we had.
- Party pics: Battle for the Ali’i Cup
- Chad Owens’ Power-Up Menu
- Behind the scenes of the Today Show in Hawaii
- Women and wine: St. Francis winery
- Na Hoku Hanohano all stars