After 15 years at Aloha Tower, chef Chai Chaowasaree has reinvented himself with a new restaurant, a new(ish) menu, and a new look, adding to the upscale healthy choices along Kapiolani Boulevard. Chef Chai, now open in the Pacifica, is most notably a butter-free zone, emphasizing the use of herbs and spices instead of salt and fat. The menu isn’t completely devoid of oil, but the new items are geared toward the educated eater, with seafood, chicken and lean cuts of meat. More fruits and vegetables will also be incorporated into the new offerings.
We went to the grand opening this past weekend, which featured bites of the new items, and gave a nod to old favorites, to please both new and longtime customers.
- Tasting the ‘aina: a tour of Kona lobster and abalone farms
- Hawaii: In Real Life ~ Hawaii Duck Tours
- Tasting the ‘aina: Kona coffee and chocolate
- Party pics: Hula Grill Waikiki’s ninth anniversary
- Tasting the ‘aina: Dinner at Holuakoa Cafe