After chemically straightening, coloring and using a straightener on my hair, my locks were out of control and screaming for some R&R. So I paid a visit to my trusty hair stylist at Salon 808, Khoi Lieu, who gave me these tips to keep my hair healthy:
– Deep conditioning should happen every time you cut your hair, ideally once a month.
– Use the right products. Good shampoos and conditioners help with hair nutrition. However, you should also use thermal protectors (serums, leave-in conditioners and oil treatments) if you use heated hair styling tools or spend a lot of time outdoors.
– While hair products and haircuts help care for your hair’s exterior, eating the right foods help the interior of your hair. According to WebMD writer Hilary Parker’s Top 10 Foods for Healthy Hair, salmon, green vegetables, beans and oysters are some of the many foods that will help you get the hair you dream about.
Anyway, here’s a rundown of my deep-conditioning treatment at Salon 808:
1585 Kapiolani Blvd.
Honolulu, HI 96814
- Save the date: Barter Bar
- Party pics on Nonstop
- Did this: Night Market Xtreme Kaka‘ako
- Eat the Street Garlic
- Who’s coming: Eat the Street Garlic