Nonstop Honolulu is a locally produced entertainment website that covers eating, events and nightlife on Oahu. Utilizing the latest technology and social networking tools, Nonstop Honolulu features dining galleries and videos, blogs, party pics, event coverage and an extensive database of restaurant, bar & club and event listings.
Nonstop Honolulu’s target audiences are hip, socially active 21-to-45-year-olds who want to keep up with the latest in food, nightlife and events on Oahu. Although the target readers are local residents, those living away with Hawaii ties, as well as visitors to the islands, are also likely to frequent the site.
Nonstop Honolulu features five primary channels: Eating, Events, Nightlife, Blogs and Video
- Eating: Multimedia dining reviews from a core team of Nonstop Honolulu freelancers, including photo gallery reviews and video segments of new eateries, “gotta try” dishes and “best of” roundups.
- Events: Nonstop Honolulu creates a weekly photo gallery roundup of the best events happening around the island. The channel also includes a section for the local Twitter community, with tweetup listings and twitpics. Nonstop Honolulu also features a searchable and regularly updated database of event listings for Oahu. The events include concerts, tweetups, nightlife events, eating events, theater productions, fairs and festivals and other events that appeal to the core demo.
- Nightlife: Regularly updated party pics from the hottest parties happening in Honolulu. Also includes a calendar of the upcoming parties.
- Blogs: Nonstop Honolulu features multimedia blogs from some of Honolulu’s most-followed writers/photographers who cover food, events and nightlife.
- Video: Nonstop Honolulu writers/photographers will provide video clips, as well as produced segments, of their dining, nightlife and other adventures.
Nonstop Honolulu offers a searchable database of restaurants, bars & clubs and other entertainment venues across Oahu. Each listing includes an address, phone number, Web site, Google map, a brief description, photo and other relevant information.
Reader Participation and Social Media
A core element of Nonstop Honolulu is reader participation, and the site will utilize the latest technology and social networking tools not only to promote the site via Facebook and Twitter, but to encourage user participation on the site.
The site will feature Twitter and Facebook widgets prominently throughout the site to dynamically display tweets and Facebook posts of its core contributors.
The site will utilize Facebook Connect, whereby Nonstop Honolulu users will be able to login to the site, using their Facebook user names and passwords. After logging in, readers will be able to post comments on content items, including photo galleries, blogs, videos, articles and venue and event listings.
Nonstop Honolulu plans to create applications for both the iPhone and iPad in fall 2010, allowing mobile users to access content and venue listings from the site.